How to Ground Yourself When You Are Feeling Out of Control
In the constantly moving world we live in, it can be difficult to ground ourselves and remember what is most important. Do you feel out of touch with yourself and your purpose? Here are my tips to ground yourself so you can be rejuvenated and feel like you’re in control of your life again.
Learn to listen to your body
- When you’re hungry
- When you’re full
- When you need a break
- When something doesn’t seem right
- Pay attention to these things. Listen to your intuition.
Stand barefoot on the earth for 20 minutes
- Sound a little weird? The ions from the earth truly balance the ions within us, which isn’t something our phones can do. Try it out. It’s amazing how calm it makes you feel.
Buy a salt lamp to add more negative ions to balance the air
- You would think negative ions are bad, but there are too many positive ions in the ear creating an imbalance.
Turn off the tv, your phone, your laptop and breathe in and out for 1 minute
- Take more than a minute if you need to, but start with that. Isn’t it so peaceful?
Go for a walk and think
- Think about nothing in particular.
- Think about that decision you’ve been putting off.
- Think about a hobby you want to take up.
- Think about how nice the world around you is.
Climb to new heights to see the world from a different perspective
- Climb a mountain, go to a lookout point, find a rooftop at night
- See the world looking smaller and reflect on your life at a distance
- This can put your life into perspective and show your priorities more clearly
Eat leafy greens
- Hit up a salad bar
- Try the Tropical Greens drink at Jamba Juice (tastes more fruity than green)
- Get a veggie tray from the store
Listen to the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack
- If I’m ever stressed or feeling out of control, I turn it on and everything is okay again.
Reflect on if how you are living is truly serving you & your purpose
- Are you wasting your time with things that aren’t helping you progress?
- Could you be doing something different to take you to your goals in a more efficient manner?
- Cut something out that isn’t bringing goodness to your life.
Put out into the world what you want
- Just two days ago, I asked the universe for a miracle to happen. (A tiny miracle, but still something big I wanted.) I asked that I could get a client for personal styling. And within 24 hours, it happened! You can do this same thing!
- Recognize what it is that you want, and ask for it!
Write down what you are thankful for
- Sit down and think about what amazing gifts and talents you have, how far you’ve come, where you are at right now, you’re strength, your able body, your sharp mind.
- You will come to realize that everything you have right now is enough.
Above all, it’s about slowing down. Even if you only have 10 minutes, take that time to slow down and get back to your grounded self.