This year, I allowed myself to splurge a little on Black Friday while securing some serious deals. I bought the most from my favorite online store, Nasty Gal which has 60% off everything. Other places I shopped were Nordstrom, DSW, and Nordstrom Rack. It’s easy to get caught up in all of the sale frenzy with knowing what to buy, what to avoid, and where to shop. I’m sharing tips I used to shop smart for Black Friday and for just for major sales in general.
Tips for shopping huge sales:
- Before shopping at all, assess what you really need in your closet. What’s missing? For me, I needed some brown flats and a coat.
- Set your budget. Your non-negotiable limit.
- Once you start shopping, peruse a lot of different stores to make sure you’re aware of your options and getting the best bang for your buck.
- Gather all of your favorites in your cart.
- Sort through what you need, what you want, and what you’ll only wear once.
- Allow yourself at least one guilty pleasure, meaning it’s something a little different and fun. #treatyoself
- Hit that “Place Your Order” button and have no regrets 🙂
Here’s What I Bought on Black Friday
Yes, I have a thing for brown shoes. 😉 I wanted to try out some new styles and see how they work in my closet. Most stores these days offer free returns, so it’s okay to snag the deal and return it later. I’m excited to get these good essential pieces in my closet, as well as the fun striped lounge set perfect for the holidays.