The world divides in half more and more each day. It’s really upsetting to this Libra, because I just want everyone to get along and be happy! I feel our news media is a key component in what divides us. The media thrives on drama and fear, so they do everything they can to pit us against each other. Though I know we all have our own beliefs and “sides,” the common mistake is that we aren’t looking for what brings us together. Call me a hippie, but I have been and always be a lover more than a fighter. I’m calling for us to love. Love doesn’t mean choosing a side. It means respecting all sides. It means agreeing to disagree because we don’t need to agree on all of the same things. I think it’s time to spread love instead of hate, instead of fear, instead of ignorance, instead of misunderstanding and judgment. Because love is what’s missing. And I want to keep it going.
They say that everything has a ripple effect. Maybe if we started sharing more goodness, more love, more respect–more amazing things would happen. Here are my thoughts on how we can spread love in this world.
Ways We Can Spread More Love in the World:
- Approach the day with a can-do attitude. Pivot, problem solve, and keep your head up.
- Bring your insecurities and demons out of the darkness and deal with them.
- Show love to yourself. Take care of your needs.
- Respond with patience when someone messes up.
- Look for opportunities to help someone.
- If you’re feelin’ fiesty, punch a pillow or sing an angsty song. Don’t take it out on someone else.
- Go past the small talk and connect with someone on a deeper level.
- Let that RBF take a break and just smile. Even if you feel stupid, smile at strangers.
- Be there for someone, even when it’s inconvenient.
- Before you speak of someone else (because we all do), ask yourself if you would want to be talked about this way. And if you speaking about them really gets anything done.
- Forgive those who have never and will never apologize.
- Look at others with more grace. Assume everyone is going through something and treat them as such.
- Listen intently.
- Put the golden rule to work and treat others exactly the same as you would want to be treated.
Making the world better actually starts with us on the smallest level, in our own towns. I hope we take the time to get our hearts in the right place so we can give our love away and make the world a better place.
Will you join me?