The grind is an accepted part of our lives, but it shouldn’t be the only part of our lives. After constantly running around for the past…well, forever, I thought it would be good to slow down and have moments where I took care of myself and my needs at least a few times a week. Here is my Self-Care Bucket List that I made for the rest of the year.
My Self-Care Bucket List
- Have a still moment every day.
- Don’t let things happen to you. Be in control of your situations and reactions.
- Leave relationships behind that do not treat you with respect.
- When you feel the need to speak up, do it in that moment.
- Don’t feel bad about crying. Let it all out.
- Go for a walk on a back road.
- Don’t instantly trust that others have the best intentions.
- Sleep in one day a week.
- Spend time changing negative thought patterns.
- Be honest and real in your interactions.
- Focus on all that you have, instead of the opposite.
- Make decisions and stick to them.
- Forgive yourself.
- Bake your favorite treat.
- Turn off your phone for 3 hours.
The best way to measure abstract ideas like this is to follow up daily or weekly on how you are doing with every item on this list. You can also write down actionable ways you can fulfill each task. Overall, it’s about doing things that make you feel whole and appreciated. The world may not always recognize us or see us for who we truly are, but we can fill our own cups with love, and create spaces that are peaceful and healthy. We can control our lives, our successes, and our happiness. It just takes time and stillness. I hope you spend some time during this busy holiday season giving back to yourself.
What would you put on your self-care bucket list?
Cover Photo photographed by: Kelsie Jarrell6